9/29/2007

SIU 72, ISU 10

The Salukis have really outdone themselves this time. Really. Last week they beat the Arkansas Pine-Bluff Golden Lions 58-3 at McAndrew Stadium and today scored a whopping 72 points against the Indiana State Sycamores at their home in Terre Haute, IN. Southern Illinois scored 55 of those points in the first half, received 4 interceptions, and held the Sycamores' offense the entire second half.

The Salukis move to 5-0 in the season and will play Youngstown State at McAndrew next Saturday, which is SIU's Homecoming game.

The DE crew attending the game consisted of myself, photographer Anthony Souffle, and sports writers Sean McGahon and Scott. I don't remember Scott's last name. None of us had a decent amount of sleep last night and I must say we all did a little dozing off during the drive, even though I was driving. 3 hour drive. Nothing too horrible. We even got to stop at the Great American Bagel in Effingham for some breakfast sandwiches.

Not too long after we arrived at the stadium, Anthony came around wearing an ISU Football tshirt and claimed that some chick had dumped Sprite all over the shirt he was originally wearing.

It was really hot and bright out, although it wasn't nearly as hot as it was at McAndrew last Saturday. Still felt like we were eggs frying on astroturf. I got pretty sunburned. So did the other three, I think. Maybe not Scott because he sat up in the press box the whole time.

I sent off $427 today to Kyle Robertson of the Columbus Dispatch in Columbus, OH, for the purchase of a nice Canon 20D w/Battery Grip he's had for sale. I wish I could have had it today for the football game as a second body, because all I used was a single 1D between a 400, a 70-200, and a 17-35 and I had to change lenses every time the ball moved down the field. It's okay. I'll probably have it for next week. Can't wait til I get it! (picture below)

I even tried the 400 2.8 with my 2x converter and was able to get some pretty good looking images, even though most the time I was too close. surprise. That, and the autofocus doesn't work quite as smoothly with the 2x on it, and I wish i had a 1.4x of my own to use and see if it would be any better. I'm sure it would. I ought to have one...

I dont really have a whole lot else to say cept I'm tired as hell and my face is hot as hell cuz its sunburned, but heres some pictures that I took today. Theyre probably not even the best ones, I haven't been through all of them yet. O well.

Oh and me and Jason, the only roommate that's here this weekend, went and saw The Kingdom last night. It's amazing, it made me almost cry at like 4 different parts and, although it's violent and kinda short, some people could learn a lot from seeing it, and I hope many people do. When I say short, I mean it didn't really get as much storytelling in it as it shouldve. I bet it could be a series or a much longer movie and be much better. Not a stupid ratings-craving series though, like everything you see on TV nowadays, it would have to be better than the movie and have as much emotion in it, with the same actors. Still, the movie has a point. A big one.

That's it for now. I have to go sleep, because I'm running on 3-4 hours from last night and I can barely keep my eyes open.

shukran

TB

No comments: