9/30/2007

Sunday, Sunday

Wow, I was tired. I slept all the way up to about 1:30 PM today. Woke up a few times here and there, but was overall very comfortable. I had to get up sooner or later though because Ryan needs his photos in by 4 on Sundays so I made it in around 3 to do my work and finished up around 5:20.

One of the times I woke up this morning, I checked my phone and found that I had 3 missed calls from a random number. The weird part was, it said I missed the calls at 11:57 PM on Sunday the 30th. That's definitely about 15 hours ahead of when I checked my phone. I looked at my phones date settings. Sure enough, it knows exactly what time and date it is today. Somehow, I missed phone calls from the FUTURE!!!!!!!!

I called the number and got Anthony's voicemail, so I assume it was he calling. Haven't heard from him since though. If he calls me three times tonight around 11:57, my phone is going to be hailed by the whole world as a future-telling super-phone that control the entire universe.

By the way, this volleyball picture up here of junior Kristie Berwanger is gonna be one of the photos on the back page of the paper tomorrow. They first said they wanted team libero Kristy Elswick because she was supposed to break a record in career digs on Friday, but she didn't, so Megan from sports desk said Kristie Berwanger or Marina Medic and I went with Kristie. She's my favorite. Every time she kills the ball, she sends like 4 members from the other team like flying in the walls because thats how much she rocks.

For this game, I used a 300 2.8 and probably shot at 1/500th at 1250 ISO, so the image quality isn't all that great if you look close. When I get my 20D I ordered, I bet I'll be able to shoot in Davies Gymnasium, in which the lighting is horrible, and come away with much cleaner shots.

The volleyball team didn't win any games this last weeekend at Missouri State, but Kristie did have double-double-digit stats with 17 digs and 12 kills.

Regarding the photos of the Columbian students, when I first returned from the assignment Danny told me something like 'yeah just use a picture with Pablo' so I worked up lots of photos that had Pablo in them. Today, however, I was told 'yeah we can't use any pictures with Pablo in them because he works for the DE.' So we ended up cropping Pablo and his wife out of the photos, totally ruining their compositions and leaving vertical portrait-style images of these two for tomorrow's paper.
Oh well, no biggie, cept the photos just aren't as good looking as the full ones would have been.

They're also running two football photos tomorrow from the ISU game, one of Anthony's and one of mine. Anthony's is a great shot of an SIU player blocking a pass, which was then picked up and ran in for a touchdown, and mine is a shot of runningback Deji Karim pretty much dancing into the endzone with the ball because no one was there to tackle or stop him.

Other than that, not too much is going on. I don't have any homework to work on, but I bet there's something I could/should be reading for a class or two. Instead I think Ima play Battlefield 2 or Phantasy Star Universe and eat chihps and salsa.

Adios mis amigos.

TB

No comments: