9/10/2008

New Website Planning

Tonight in our Web Design class we drew up what we want our websites to look like in Photoshop. Well, actually we just had to arrange a layout with rectangles, but most people went ahead and started using images and designing logos and that kinda junk. This is a base idea for what I want mine to look like when its finished. Black on white mostly, with a logo at the top and a constant dominant image in the center. 

I'm not all that sure what I want to do with the navigation bar. I'll probably have more than just those 4 links. Probably end up having more like 6, but I dunno what they all are right at the moment. I was playin around with a transparent bar over the image in several different spots, and also on top of the image, but putting them on top takes too much away from the image.

Something like this will be the logo/title and remain constant throughout all the pages on the site. Also the dominant image and and navigation bar will remain constant, but the dominant image will change to a slideshow on my portfolio page, resume on my resume page and blog on my blog page. I'm hoping I can incorporate this blog directly into the new website. It'll have to change though, to match the elegant simple look that the new site will have. I may make a logo like this that says THE DAILY TOM with THOMAS BARKER, PHOTOJOURNALIST underneath it, but I don't happen to have that font on my computer, so it'll wait til later when i do it in class.

That's all right now.

-TB

No comments: