11/13/2007

faces of the DE

I didn't really take any pictures today. I went out looking for homeless people to take pictures of for this story about how national homeless rates have dropped or something, but the only homeless guy I found was walking along the highway and he looked really scary so I didn't stop. I took my digital rebel with me to the 4 o clock meeting for some reason, with my 50 1.4 mounted on it and took some pictures of DE staff standing/sitting outside and in the office. Pictured above is photo editor Ryan Rendleman, left, and photojournalism instructor Phil Greer. The 50 1.4 is a really sharp lens, and even though the autofocus on it is broken, I like to use it every now and then or force myself to use it and I usually come up with nice images. Ryan couldn't quit looking at this picture, he said it was like a senior picture and he wanted copies.

This is DuVale Riley, photographer, during the meeting .

This is Eugene Clark, city writer, he was trying to look away and would probably be really pissed if he knew this was on here.

Phil.Edyta Blasczyk, photographer. She's from Poland!

Dave Lopez, city writer, once again, would probably be pissed to see this.

I don't remember her name, but shes a Pulse writer I think. Pulse is like our entertainment section.This ones the best. James Durbin, photographer.

There's actually like 55-60 students that work for the DE, so this is in no way a complete photo collection. Maybe if I get inspired, I'll work to take good pictures of everyone and release a coffee table book for everyone to have. Won't happen though. At most, I'd take pictures and put em on here.

I also took pictures of the 14 mm lens because I have to give it back to Phil tomorrow and now anyone who gives a damn can see how crazy lookin it is.
That's it.

TB

No comments: