11/05/2007

more fall

Saturday I got to shoot the Men's basketball game which was an exhibition game against King University and the Salukis slaughtered them 74-38. It was cool though, I got to be one of those guys on tv that sit down next to the hoop on one end surrounded by other photographers and cheerleaders and closed in by season ticket-holding fans. I also went to an opera recital a few hours later from which is this picture up here. The performers were Emily Pulley, lead soprano for the Metropolitan Opera, and Curt Olds, a Broadway baritone. I enjoyed the show as it was entertaining and they were amazing talented singers. I put together a slideshow with audio mixed from 30-second clips taken with my camera. Came out ok, but it won't be on the website til Monday if it gets on there.

Amber surprised me on Saturday also by showing up at my apartments! I had no idea she was coming down but I ran into her on my way in from the bball game and we went out to eat and watched the Office. She stayed til Sunday afternoon til after I was done workin at the office.
I took a bunch of fall-ish pictures saturday and did some video shots of a lot of pretty autumn scenes and might do some audio for it and make it a "video column" to go wit h the fall currents their doing this week with a bunch of fall photos.

Today Amber and I ran into a guy and a little girl walking a dog. There names were John and Johannah Cox and their dog's name was Betty. John had a Canon 10D, kinda like my 20D, that he let Johannah take pictures of Betty with. We walked with them for awhile to take feature photos of them playing with the dog and she loved this tennis ball they had and they kept throwing it into the lake for her to go after. It was amusing and I came away with some pretty cool shots. These actually havent been toned yet, just exported from Aperture, so they don't look as good as they could. Too lazy/tired to do it now.

Also, here's a little sample video from the basketball game. It was the only real time anyone was excited, there were tons of fouls and neither of the teams could seem to consistently shoot well. Turn your volume down before watching it.

SIU Basketball sample

Add to My Profile | More Videos

That's all.

TB

No comments: