11/02/2007

HELLGATE:LONDON

I didn't blog yesterday because I was playing this game that came out Halloween called Hellgate:London and I recommend it to anyone who's a fan of the Diablo series by Blizzard, because it's made by the same guys who split off from Blizzard and created a developing team called Flagship Studios.


Hellgate is great, the play is nearly identical to Diablo, but with really good graphics and a WoWish camera control. It's in London (hence the name) in the future and there's demons that have caused these rifts from hell and the city's in ruins and there's lots of guns and weapons and spells and abilities and it's level-based and instance-based and you have to do quests and collect things and kill special demon things just like Diablo and WoW and there's a nice party system and it doesn't cost anything to play online, unless u want to be a 'subscriber' and get all the new content and extra stuff. Even then, it's cheap.

I didn't have to shoot anything today. Early yesterday I had to go to women's BBall practice from 7-10am and then I worked up a bunch of men's and women's bball pics for the sports editor. Since I asked for last weekend off to go home to Effingham, Ryan didn't really give me a lot to shoot. Tomorrow, we'll get new photo requests though. I'm hoping I don't have any for tomorrow morning/early afternoon because I have to write an obituary for a class and study for a test at 2. Also, I get paid tomorrow. :D

Earlier Scott was cooking a sausage and asked if I wanted one so I was like sure and he started cooking me one too and we ended up getting in this heated debate over how often there's an ice age and then there was lots of smoke coming from the stove and the fan wasn't on and the smoke alarm in our room went off and it was this insanely loud annoying TSSRRZZZ noise and it was going for like a half hour when this lady from SIU came up and investigated and called these people to turn it off.

I wonder, if our room was really on fire, would they have just sent a lady about 20-30 mins later? What if we were all asleep or wasted or unconscious from smoke inhalation and we couldn't call for help? Sounds like an investigative report for the SIU-hating Daily Egyptian!

I think that's it from today. I went to all my classes and learned a thing or two. It's strange, we're learning about Ghengis Khan and Mongols in my Islam and my Asia history classes, and the two have just kinda been blurring together.

TB

No comments: