10/31/2007

webcams


It was a beautiful fall day today and the SIU campus was just right for photos. I attended all three of my classes, but found time to find feature photos, get photos of a veteran's memorial, and get pictures of student workers at the College of Business and Administration, all of which
will be in tomorrow's paper.

After making sure my news photographer responsibilities were taken care of, I made a trip to Wal-Mart! I bought some bread, SunnyD, sliced turkey, melatonin sleep aids, and a web cam! That's right, a web cam! My friend David from TX said I should get one so we can use iChat (he just bought a Macbook Pro) and I thought hey that sounds like a good idea! So I did! It's a Logitech webcam so it's made for Windows, but after installing a few free drivers and working out kinks with the microphone, it almost performs decently! We had a video conversation or two and I wish Amber had a Macbook cuz then I could see her more often.

Dave was moving in this screenshot, so you can't see him, but it's still exciting. That's about it for today. I need to start focusing more on my classwork than I have been and not play around with webcams as much. Probably won't happen though.

TB

No comments: