10/07/2007

pardon my french, but..

Today was a bitch.

Not the first half, the first half I got to spend with Amber and we did some senior pictures of her younger brother Jonathon at the park by where they live and we went to Wal-Mart and I bought the first three seasons of The Office on DVD, spending $118, and we ate breakfast foods that her mom made and I drove back to Carbondale.

The second half, i had to go to work. I had to edit up a bunch of photos from the football game, which wasn't bad. I got it done and I got them where they belonged and I got out of there.

Then, I was home and the Red Sox were beating the Angels 2-0 in game 3, totally on their way to kicking LA out of the ALDS and I was snacking and having a great time and Ryan called, saying he wanted me to come back in. So, I went back to work.

They told me they wanted any homecoming feature photos I could come up with and also 25+ more photos from the football game to go in Anthony's slideshow for the web. Not only was I never told to shoot anything that had to do with homecoming, but also, there was no one even writing any kind of story about anything about homecoming, so I had to come up with the information myself. Luckily for me, while sitting up in the press box during halftime at the game Saturday, eating cookies and downing bottles of water, I flipped up my 400 and took a couple shots of the new Homecoming King and Queen, coming out kinda like this:

I had to find out who these people were and write feature captions about them. So i spent maybe an hour and a half figuring out their names, going through photos, editing photos, writing captions, and moving the photos, long after Ryan had bailed and went home. The two that were crowned king and queen were actually the first ever African-Americans to ever be crowned king or queen. Personally, I think worthless popularity contests like homecoming courts don't mean anything to anyone of any significance and we shouldn't even be running photos about it.

Then I had to go through all of my football photos and edit 30 of them and save them to a card for Anthony to have. Then I had to edit a mug shot of one of the star track runners, whose name is interestingly Mohamed Mohamed, for Sean the sports editor to use in one of their little sports things.

So I ended up leaving the office again around 7:45, almost 5 hours after I had first got there.

Then, I was hungry so I went and got some popcorn chicken at KFC. I've been eating way too much fast food lately, and I think it's because I moved down here and I don't have a bagel place to work at and steal food from like I did in Effingham.

When i got home, Scott and Alex were playing Halo 3 and I made fun of them because Halo's stupid and I ate my popcorn chicken and I came in here to write blogs.

That's it, I'm going to play a game or go to sleep or watch my new Office DVDs.

love,

TB

No comments: