10/26/2007

"staph"

Took this picture at the rec center today of a guy hitting a punching bag for a story about methicillin resistant staphylocccus aureus, also known as "staph" infections. I was really just supposed to go find pictures of people working out and being sweaty because MRSA is a skin bacteria that grows when people get sweaty all the time and don't always clean themselves. Turns out this guy, who's name I can't say, has had a staph infection on his leg before, and therefore he made main art on the front page tomorrow.

There was also a picture of a guy on an elliptical machine who happened to be reading today's copy of the DE while he was working out.

And this totally generic shot of the track with a guy running on it, but I didn't get his name or information so essentially the image was useless. He had an ipod on and I didn't really want to bother him.
Other than that, the only pictures I really took today were these extreme pretty macro shots of rain drops on flowers, but they're still on my card which is in my camera which is out in my car so I don't think I'm going to have them up tonight.

I'll be going home Friday evening and staying with Amber until Sunday probably, so I won't have a blog post tomorrow either, unless I can do it from her computer. I need to get more cold-weather clothes from home because I don't have a whole lot here in Carbondale and it's been like -40 degrees and raining outside and I dont even have a coat.

TB

No comments: