10/28/2007

Leopard! Portal! Boston!


Look at my exciting new OSX Leopard desktop! I got back from Effingham tonight and got it all installed and set up the way I want. It's amazing! It's clean and smooth and sexy and I reorganized my dock and put all my extra tools in a little stack by my wastebasket called "Tools" It's great! And spaces are cool too because you have up to 16 desktops, a 4x4 grid. I updated my Windows Boot Camp as well with the Leopard DVD and hopefully it will run things a little smoother and not have so many things crash all the time! I love it! Had to pay my roommate $90 for him to install it on my mac.

So I went to Effingham this weekend and spent quite a bit of time with Mom and Andy and of course Amber. Mom bought me lots of clothes and stuffs at Wal-Mart and we had a big dinner today and I installed Portal on my Dell at home and showed it to Andy, he seemed amused. Portal's awesome, here's a sweet video on YouTube of the end where you kill the giant machine girl that badmouthes you a lot and she sings a funny song during the credits. It's long but you can skip through it to hear the song. It's worth listening to:



Friday I visited Amber at work at the bagel place and ate a sandwich. I don't remember what I told her before I took this picture, but it was something to make her make her sad face.

I also took a picture or two of Pete. He's my favorite boss. He ran over his dog last week with his truck and killed it and claimed that it was already dead.


I love the Canon 16-35 2.8 L. Wish I owned one. Also today, me and Amber walked down to the Halloween parade in Effingham and saw parade stuff and I ran into Eric Williams of the Effingham Daily News who I had not spoken to since before I came to college and we talked about new happenings and news photographer stuff and things. Also, the EHS band was playing by the courthouse downtown and I was in the band one year and the director's my friend's brother so I talked to him and took some pictures of the members. They sound good.


And most importantly, BOSTON RED SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beat the Rockies 4-3 in the fourth game, a slam-bam sweep! I drank two beers instantly when they won to celebrate! Mike Lowell got the World Series MVP which is great because he did a lot of good shit in the postseason and his contract with Boston is up this year, so he may not play with the team ever again. I was happy. I wouldn't be into baseball at all if it weren't for the Red Sox and my childhood dream of going to school in Boston.



TB

No comments: