10/18/2007

1018



So, a kid died on campus today. I didn't take this photo. Ryan Rendleman the photo editor did. I was out shooting rugby practice with my video camera when this happened. Apparently, it's unknown how he died and they won't know until they do an autopsy. His name was Alex Booth and he was a sophomore from Quincy. For some reason, one of our reporters called Booth's mother and she hadn't even heard yet. His death was confirmed at 8:30 and he had left his dorm in an ambulance at about 5:30 when they were already attempting CPR.

I went to my classes today and got a test back from my Islam class and I got a C on it! Which was good, since I thought when I took it that I was surely going to fail it. Also, the paper I wasn't sure about isn't due til next Thursday, so I have a week to work on it.

A big storm was rolling in during practice so I ended up gettin some pretty neat shots involving players being silhouetted by a big fantastic sky. I did both still and video. The shots are for a recap Monday of the game theyre going to have against UofI Saturday, their biggest game of the year, but I was hopin' I could get a feature video of them together for the web maybe before they play at UofI. Don't know if that'll happen though, since no one works on Friday nights or Saturdays and Sunday it'll be sorta outdated. Oh well.


I was looking at Sportsshooter today and realized that most of the Winter/Spring internships listed on there have application deadlines within the next 5 days, so I thought I would throw together a resume, coverletter, portfolio, and some clips to mail off to some places. I got my hopes up for an internship in Hutchinson, Kansas, but I'm not holding my breath or anything. It'd be really nice to get that one because it's not big-city news and it would be my first internship. Plus, i'd be out of school for a semester and I'd get to work 40 hours a week paid! :D

I got Wendy the writing coach at the DE to help me with what should be in my resume and stuff, so I'm hoping I've got a chance. Other than that, I didn't do a whole lot today. On my way out of the Rugby fields, I saw some deer sitting near the road so I took some pictures of them.

Also, the other day I ordered some new business cards for $7.99 and they look like this. I designed them myself with a Daily Egyptian image and a lens image and some text. Fancy.That's it for today. I'm actually tired for once, so I think I'm going to go to sleep. Probably going to Cairo tomorrow, unless I have to work. I will be mailing off a couple internship applications tomorrow as well. OH and I almost totally forgot! BOSTON beat the INDIANS 7-1 in GAME 5 of the ALCS so now its 2-3 and they're going home to FENWAY! Die, Cleveland!
GO, RED SOX!

TB

No comments: