10/22/2007

"Talking With..."


Today I slept til like noon. And it was raining. And it was cold. And I didn't want to go anywhere. But I had to go to our 4 oclock meeting, so I went to that and that was pretty entertaining for about an hour and then I had to go shoot a rehearsal for a play that's opening Thursday called "Talking With..." and tonight was their last dress rehearsal before showing I guess. It was more a series of monologues than it was a play, I dunno if a play is what you'd call it. It was pretty entertaining though, and between each of the monologues, these three women (one of whom is pictured above) came out and sang something a capella.


This character was pretty entertaining and she was obsessed with her "Oz" books and had costumes she made of all the characters, this one being Scraps, that she put on while her husband was away at work all day. She talked about how much better life in her books was than her real life and how she'd like to stay in Oz forever.

This one was probably my favorite because she kept threatening to hit her cat Tat over the head with a hammer. It was a real cat. On stage. And it walked around for a bit, cept she staked it to the floor. She was doing some kind of audition monologue. It was funny.

This was a picture I took of glass marbles on the stage. Kinda abstract and geometric. One of the actresses dumped them all over as part of her monologue about her mom dying.

Here's a picture James Durbin took of me with my A1U mounted on my 1D. Genius.


TB

No comments: