10/23/2007

Corn

So I took this stupid photo of a corn field in Murphysboro today and somehow it ended up on the front page for tomorrow. That's how bad we need images these days. It was for a story about ethanol production causing corn prices to increase. I actually stopped to take a picture of this huge heron bird monster thing that was sitting in this little pond just off the road, but all i had with me was a 70-200 and when I got out of the car, it flew off. I cursed.

Sadly enough, that was all the pictures I took today. I did have a request from some Saudi United soccer players for pictures from their match the other day, so I uploaded a bunch to my site. It's password protected though.

I decided today that I was sick of not having an umbrella so I went to walmart to find an umbrella and the only ones they had were little girly pink and flowery ones next to all the purses. I asked the walmart lady where all the big manly umbrellas were and she said to try sporting goods and I did but all I found were ponchos and rain jackets and that kind of crap.

So I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and voila, right as I entered the store, there was a stylish display of big golf umbrellas that were black and I got one and it's big and durable and it withstands winds up to 50 mph and it's like a super high-tech batmobile umbrella and it only cost $15. There were also some Callaway Golf umbrellas, but they were $30 and i didn't feel the need for that.

So I took a picture of a corn field and bought an umbrella... Then tonight, I tried to read my 'The Crusades Through Arab Eyes' book for this paper I'm supposed to write by Thursday, and I fell asleep about 25 pages in. I can't seem to read anything without falling asleep. It's pathetic.

I also wrote up another cover letter and resume for another internship at the Northwest Herald, in Crystal Lake, IL. A little closer than Kansas, but it competes with the Chicago metro papers, so it may be a little rough. Also, it goes from January through June, so it's a month longer than the Hutchinson, Kansas one. I'll mail it tomorrow.

TB

No comments: