1/06/2008

Kansas

So, I've made the move from Carbondale, IL to Hutchinson, KS into an apartment building in the older, downtown part of town. This picture is the view out one of my windows! You can see lots of my pigeon friends roosted on the taller building. I got all moved in on the 2nd of January and was just blessed with cable internet service yesterday!
I had my first picture in the paper today. It's from a high school basketball game they sent me to shoot yesterday. I'm going to start my first 40 hour week this week. I'll be working Tuesdays through Saturdays.

I haven't really taken a whole lot of pictures in Hutchinson yet as I'm still kinda getting used to the place. I've been to Wal-Mart a few times and I made friends with the cable guy who set up my tv and internet and I've been playing Guitar Hero III a little bit and I've been watching Presidential debates and actively supporting MIKE HUCKABEE for President '08 on Facebook. I've been eating bowls of Total cereal every morning and having salads for lunch, accompanied by baked lays and diet dr. peppers.

Here's a couple more shots from the basketball game. There wasn't really anywhere decent to put my flashes up, so I had a bit of a problem with cross shadows, but they turned out okay.


That's it for now. I'll have more after I start working this week.

TB

No comments: